Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

me + steven runner = perfectly timed marathon

I was listening to Pheddipidations yesterday morning when I was running and Steve was talking about how he now has 5 weeks to train for Boston. Basically he has to cram for his marathon. I have the opposite problem. I did my 20 miler, and now I have a whole month before my marathon! If you averaged the two of us out, you'd have a perfectly timed marathon.

I'm not sure what to do with myself in these weeks before. I don't want to run too much, because I know my body can't take it, or my mind for that matter. The idea of running 16-20 miles by myself for the next few weeks is not a happy one. Everyone else is doing Boston, so I've lost all my running buddies. Plus, I've got a trip to Dubai thrown into the mix, which I'm sure will do a number on my body. It's going to be a long plan ride, not much sleep, and probably a lot of eating and not much running. I hate treadmills and I hate the heat, so that doesn't give me a lot of running options in a desert.

I'm going to stop now, because this post doesn't have much of a point, much like my running these days.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    My name is Lisa Kelley, I'm the Digital PR Manager at Feed Company. I found your running blog through the Complete Running Blog Network. Since you are such a passionate runner, I thought you would be interested in the following videos. Please post on your blog and share with all of your friends! All of the information is below. Thanks!! (If you end up posting on your site -- shoot me an email with the link!)

    - Lisa Kelley


    Carl and Karl Underwood love running.

    They love marathons, half-marathons, and half-half-marathons. They love 5Ks, 10ks, and think 401Ks sound pretty fun. They think cross-country, steeplechase, and the first 90% of pole vaulting aren’t too bad, either.

    The Underwood brothers are Running’s #1 Superfans and their mission is to share their love of running with the world.

    Check out Carl and Karl as they celebrate the many virtues of running with anyone who will listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsoAQwhKKm0&feature=channel_page

    Check out other Carl and Karl Underwood videos here: http://www.youtube.com/runningsuperfans


    ____________________________
    Lisa Kelley - Digital PR Manager
    Feed Company
    (o) 323-469-3052
    Lisa@feedcompany.com
    http://www.feedcompany.com

    ReplyDelete