Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Meaty Matter

I realized that pretty much every meal I ate last week had meat in it, and several had red meat. Sunday night the BF made pulled pork in the crock-pot and we made BBQ pulled pork nachos to eat during the superbowl. I tossed the extra meat on my salads for lunch Monday and Tuesday.
We made the nachos on pita chips..... so good!

 Monday night I roasted a spaghetti squash. Instead of just making red sauce, I made some meatballs because I had a ton of ground beef in my freezer left-over from a charity dinner I cooked at Ronald McDonald House.


 Wednesday night I made pad thai and tossed in some chicken at the last minute.

During the big blizzard I made a big pot of turkey soup.

This is highly unusual for me. While I am not a vegetarian any more, only about half my meals have meat, and that I usually seafood or chicken.

I blame the boyfriend. Really. He is a total meat and potatoes guy. While sometimes I make us separate but equal meals (like a spinach, onion, mushroom and egg white omelet for me and a ham omelet with corned beef hash for him), more and more I am just making one thing for us both. Or when we go out and want to share things, I lean more towards his tastes than mine.

Which means I am eating a lot more meat.

Probably not a bad thing. I still eat tons of fruits, veggies, and whole grains. And I can probably use the extra protein and iron while marathon training.

It is just funny to me that the former vegetarian is now a major carnivore.

Do you notice that who you spend time with affects what you eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment