Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Gratitude

With all of the horror and sadness last week, I am trying to take time this week to focus on the positive. Truly, I have so many wonderful things in my life and I don't stop to appreciate them nearly often enough.
Here are the things I am most grateful for this week.

and now that he like to ski, he is even better!
1. My boyfriend. I don't really talk a lot about our relationship on the blog because this is a running/healthy living (or something like that, is it bad I don't really have more a focus for my blog??), but it is wonderful. I have never had a relation that felt so natural, easy, and wonderful. I love this guy. It's the first time I have ever felt like this about anyone, and it's pretty darn amazing. I am turning in a romantic schmuck. In fact, we recently made the decision to move in together and I can't wait.

2. Dixie dog. The dog came with the boyfriend and I love having her in my life. Because of his crazy schedule, I get to have her a lot. It gets lonely working at home alone all day and it seems so much less crazy to talk to the dog than to myself. Plus at night, it's totally legit not to move from the couch for 3 hours because you don't want to disturb the dog. And she is just so darn adorable.



3. Where I live. Moving back to Maine was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Seeing the ocean every day makes me a happier person. I love that I can go to the beach or Portland Head Light and walk at lunch. The beauty of the Maine ocean never fails to move me. I love my city too. Last Saturday I just walked around Portland for a few hours by myself. Portland has such character, great food, and lots of fun, funky, artsy, and active events.



4. Spring. Spring has been slow in coming this year and we've had quite a few regressions back to cold and snow. But, at the very least I don't have to deal with sub zero temperatures and snow and ice covered roads. It is that perfect time of year for running and skiing. Lots of snow still on the mountains, no snow on the roads, and warm enough to be comfortable but not too warm.

What are you grateful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment