Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Thursday, December 3, 2009

The cold that won't let go

I've now been sick for 3 weeks. I have my appetite back (darn), but not my energy. When my alarm goes off I actually consider not getting out of bed (that never happens), and then the whole workout feels hard. Wednesday my lungs were burning and I felt like I was running a 5:10 pace. Then I looked at my Garmin- actual pace was 9:57. Even Zumba felt hard last night. I've slept so much that I now lie awake at night, had so many fluids I have to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes, and eaten so my fruit that the acid from the citrus is eating away my mouth. And I'm still not better. Grrrrrr

1 comment:

  1. I commend you for your dedication and commitment through the tough winter months. I work with YakTrax (www.yaktrax.com) and I am looking for runners like you to try out some of our new products and offer reviews for us via your blog.

    There are no gimmicks or strings attached, just send me your shoe size and mailing address and I'll send some of our latest products to you (or if you have a special request for a product on our website, just let me know - you know what would help your running better than I would :o). We are dedicated to improving and adjusting our products for the needs of our clients. YakTrax and its parent company Implus Footcare, are leaders in the below-the-ankle fashion and the company prides itself on creating products that enhance the natural pleasure of running. Getting customer feedback like this is one of the best ways for us to keep our products in check.

    If you are interested in receiving any of our products, please e-mail me back at yaktrax.experience@gmail.com.

    Have a great run!

    ReplyDelete