Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Inspired

Yesterday morning when I was driving home from the gym I saw a few police cars heading towards me with their lights flashing and behind them were a few runners. Once I saw one of them carrying a wounded warriors flag, I realized that this was the guy who is running from Maine to the Super Bowl to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. 

image source Maine to Superbowl


I got so excited. I honked my horn and yelled out the window that he is an inspiration. He smiled and waved at me. I started to cry. 

I don't have any connection to him or to the Wounded Warrior Project. But I was just so inspired by this guy that I was overcome with emotion. I was driving home from the gym because I had thought it was too nasty out to run outside. But there he was running through the freezing rain. Conditions for this run have been far from optimal- it has been frigid with gusty winds pretty much everyday. Yet, this guy is running is running 50 miles a day! (He is aiming to cover the 500 miles in 10 days). WOW.

It makes me take a step back and think. I did go home and pledge him some money and I would urge you to do the same. I have no personal connection to this cause, I just think it's pretty darn amazing.


1 comment:

  1. Gary is so awesome! I drove the long way to work on Sunday and yelled at him out my window when I saw them stopping in Brunswick!

    ReplyDelete