Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

TGFS

I have always loved skiing, but this winter I am loving it more than ever. Of course, I love the actual skiing, but this year I am loving even more that it gets me away from my computer and work, away from wedding planning, away from marathon training, and allows me to spend quality time with my fiance.
hot cocoa break means time for silly selfies!

I tend to live life at full speed. I have a very hard time taking any downtime for myself. I feel like I always need to be doing something. Skiing lets me feel like I am doing something, and yet relaxing at the same time. It just just enough concentration to keep my mind off other things, but also lets my mind take a break.

It also satisfies my need to do some sort of exercise every day, but lets my body recover from the high impact stuff I do every other day.  

My phone rarely works, and even if I have a signal, it usually freezes after a few minutes and dies anyway. It is good to unplug. 

Plus, no digital distractions means fiance and I actually have to talk to each other on the lift. 

It gives me my weekly fix of fresh air and nature. 

It gives me an excuse to drink massive quantities of hot chocolate. 

It also makes me feel like it is legit to go to bed at 8 pm because I got up at 5:30 to get to the mountain and skied all day. 


What is your favorite way to escape from the world?


1 comment:

  1. I remember feeling so refreshingly exhausted at night, the only time I ever tried skiing! I loved that feeling! I am happy it helps you escape!

    My favorite way to escape is by traveling somewhere, usually to visit people, where I am so engaged that I don't think about my phone/emails/whatever.

    ReplyDelete