Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Over-trained?

I got to go skiing in Colorado last weekend, which is something that I have wanted to do forever. You'd think I would have been ecstatic. Not only was I skiing on incredible terrain, I was with a friend who really likes to ski. He wanted to spend long days on the slopes and try every run. Then, he was still interested in running at night. It should have been perfect.

Except that I was tired and grumpy. My quads were screaming at me from the first run. I didn't want to try any of the incredible back country runs. I didn't want to go in the glades or in the powder. I didn't want to run at night. I was snappy and crabby and probably not a whole lot of fun to be with. It wasn't until the very last day (and 4 days of no running) that I felt like myself, ready to attack the mountain. It's a sign that I am very ready for marathon training to be over,.



No comments:

Post a Comment