Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Sunday, March 24, 2013

DC


So it has been awhile since I visited our nation's capital. Like so long that my sister, who is a whopping 3 years old in this picture, is now 18. Clearly I was due for a visit. So When the bf's friends invited us to visit and we found super cheap tickets, we hopped on it.



I am totally blown away by how awesome this area is. First, I love how close all these cities are. We went to Annapolis for dinner last night. What a beautiful town, and I love all the men in uniform. And I am always down for a crab cake. And when we got home for the night we were able to sit outside by the fire pit and have some wine. That would not be happening at home with our feet of snow still on the ground.

This morning I was so happy to be running someplace new. Usually when I don't know exactly where u am going, my run seems really long. But there were awesome paths and lakes and paths to explore this am and it just flew by.

This afternoon we are heading into the city and then to Baltimore for dinner. Yeah for impromptu mini vacations!

No comments:

Post a Comment