Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sick

I seriously feel like I dropped of the face of the planet for the last 2 days. I was sick. I think the combination of last week's long run in the cold and snow, a whirlwind trip to DC over the weekend, and the general stress of life just totally overwhelmed my immune system.

Usually when I am sick, I try to fight through and do all the things I'd normally do. Especially since I work from home right now, I feel like I don't have an excuse. I mean all I have to do is make it across the hall from my bedroom to my office.

This week even that was beyond me. I'll spare you the graphic details, but the gist of it is that I couldn't stay at my computer long enough to be productive. I had a lot of time in the bathroom to admire my pretty new countertop.

So I called in sick. I didn't run. I didn't blog. I didn't use my sick day to try and get things done around the house.

I am leaving for Chile next week and I want to be 100%. And 2 days later I am almost completely better, rather than the week or two it usually takes. Maybe there is something to this total rest thing.

Do you actually take sick days? Or do you fight through it?

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for taking rest AND getting better!

    I sometimes feel bad taking a sick day since I usually just sit on my computer at home, but that is when I really need it. Sometimes the computer screen makes me feel worse!

    ReplyDelete