Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Long Run Prep

I realized on Saturday morning that I may have a problem. I had all the stuff for my long run laid out a full 24 hours in advance. I had looked at the weather, knew the hourly forecast and picked all my clothing accordingly. I had my intervals programmed into my Garmin and my playlist on my i-pod. 


Is this normal? 

In one way it is great because it helps me have a relaxed morning pre-run and yet get out the door on time. On the other hand, it also gives me a lot of time to think about the run. To think about how long it is going to be. To think about how cold it is going to be. And then I start to dread it. 

During the week laying out my stuff the night before is essential because I don't have time to fuss with it and still get my run in before work. But, I can't tell if it is helping me or hurting me on the weekends.

Do you lay out your running stuff the night before? How long before your long run do you start thinking about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment