Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Monday, September 16, 2013

A weighty post

The BF has decided he wants to lose a few pounds (even though I have repeatedly told him that he does not need to) and is using an app to track all his calories. All of sudden he went from "I'll eat whatever, whenever," to actually caring what we eat and when we eat it. When he has reached his calories for the day, he just doesn't eat again until the next day.

This has been surprisingly hard for me.

On the one hand, I want to be supportive of him in whatever he does. I want him to be able to talk to me about the things that are on his mind. On the other hand, I had to work hard to get to a point in my life where I didn't count calories and could just eat without over thinking it.

waa, waa. my fav treat doesn't look so good on paper.


Not only am I struggling with how much I want him to make his calorie counting obvious to me, I am also debating whether or not to join him.

I start marathon training soon and I know how much easier it is when I am lighter. Plus, I would just feel so much more comfortable in my clothes if I could just lose 10 lbs. The whole generic goal of just eating cleaner and eating less hasn't been cutting it for me. I am too much of a numbers person. I need distinct goals. But, I also know it is a slippery slope. And I do not want to go to back down to the bottom. 

This is the first time I have ever lived with a significant other and it is interesting how having my life so intertwined with someone else affects me. Some of the obvious stuff that I was worried about (me being super neat, him not so much for example) has not been a problem. And then something like this, that I didn't worry about, comes up. 

I  have any neat way to wrap-up this post because I don't think there is any clear solution. I just try to do my best and see what happens.








No comments:

Post a Comment