Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Crazy

As I said earlier this week, life has been a little crazy lately. We have gone away the past few weekends for events and during the week I have been absolutely crazy at work and trying to fit in all the normal life stuff. This is the busiest I have been in awhile and it reminds me that I need to work on dealing with stress. 


o.0



Okay, so I am not at the point where I am eating my own flesh yet, but it isn't good. I have been tossing and turning all night thinking about all the things I have to do. Instead of using my run as a break, I stress about when I am going to run, and then while I am running continue to think about my to do list. I have had nearly constant heart burn. Partly from worrying so much I think, and partly because I have wolfed down everything I have eaten in about 3 minutes while doing something else. 

It is a vicious cycle, but I am starting to climb out of it. Last night, I laid on the couch and watched Parenthood. I didn't multi-task, I just vegged out. Today, I stepped away from my computer and ate lunch out in the sun and then took the dog for a short walk. Tonight I am really hoping to get to the gentle yoga class. I try to remind myself that the world does not rest on my shoulders alone. 

How do you deal with stress?


No comments:

Post a Comment