Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Holy Waffle Yumminess

I go a little stir crazy sitting in the office all day, so I like to get out for lunch. Today, I organized an outing to Bruxie, a waffle sandwich shop a co-worker recommended. It is down by Orange Circle, which is a cute, old fashioned downtown area in Orange. The restaurant is an adorable little hut with outdoor seating (luckily the rain had stopped by the time we got there.) The staff was super helpful and friendly, and we had our food in no time! I had the wild mushroom, goat cheese, arugula, and sun dried tomatoes. It was great. The waffle was thin and crispy with a light cornmeal texture. The goat cheese melted into the squares of the waffle, tangy and sour against the sweet waffle. I gobbled it up in about 3 minutes. Most of my co-workers went with the Bruxie special- the Buttermilk Fried Chicken & Waffle.
And I of course, could not pass up the sweet waffles. We got one Nutella,sweet cream, and bananas waffle and then one Liege Waffle with Caramelized Pearl Sugar and belgium chocolate dipping sauce. Both were heaven on a waffle.
Next time I want to try the grilled cheese with tomato and avacado and then the S'more waffle for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment