Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Destinazione Roma

Hey guess what? I'm leaving for Rome TODAY. Yup, I'm a little excited. Pasta, gelato, pizza, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, wonderful shopping, amazing historic sites, fantastic art.......... oh yeah and a marathon.

That's going to be my challenge- having a fantastic trip, but not eating myself into a stupor and walking my feet off, before the race Sunday. I did a fantastic 6 miler this morning to give my legs a nice shake out before the long plane ride tonight. It was another amazingly warm day- it is never this warm this early in Maine. There were so many people out on Willard Beach and even more dogs. I inspired quite the dog race as I went running by. They pretty much all beat me.






 And I will not be blogging (much at least) while I'm in Rome. The absolute best vacations I've been on were Antarctica and Ghana because I had to access to phones or the internet. This forced me to actually relax and pay attention to what's going on around me. So see ya in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment