Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Oh Toe is Me

Yep, I'm sexy and I know it.
Okay I apologize  for the horrible pun in the title of this post. I just couldn't resist. So yesterday at the beach I stubbed my toe and cut it on this piece of wire fence that was mostly hidden in the sand. It hurt, but I soaked it in the freezing water for a bit, and then went on my way. No biggie. But then last night I went out in the these very cute high heeled red peep toe shoes. I wore them into the play, but by the time the show was over, my foot would no longer fit back in my shoe. It ached all night, and I woke up this morning to a big fat purple toe that feels like it is going to explode when I walk. Wonderful.


My planned cardio kickboxing class was definitely out since it's all jumping around. Good thing I already have my bike out for the season. I shoved my fat toe into my bike shoe and headed out. Normally I'd just be thrilled to be on the road this early in the season, but after the crazy warm weather this week 45 degrees felt pretty darn chilly. I had on wool socks, tights, bike shorts over my tights, a tank, a t-shirt, and a long sleeve. I started out in my normal fingerless gloves, but didn't even get to the end of my driveway before I went back for full gloves. I have turned into a wimp. But I sucked it up and got in a nice 25 miles out to Black Point and back.



But really why do I keep getting hurt doing the stupidest things? 


No comments:

Post a Comment