Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Monday, March 5, 2012

Sonoma County Weekend

Um why don't I live in California?? And why the heck have I chosen to spend 15 hours each way flying home for the weekend when I could have been here.

I was on call all weekend, which meant that I had to stay in California. I was little bummed about this initially, but I ended up having a FABULOUS weekend. Saturday I slept in until 10, which I haven't done since college. After working until 2 am all week, it was great to catch up on some sleep. I am staying at the Flamingo Resort which I chose because it is attached to an awesome health club. They have a beautiful outdoor pool, which actually makes me want to swim in a way that the nasty Y pool at home never does. I swam my first ever consecutive mile! It made me feel like I might stand a chance in the tri this summer!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story with us Kiersten! I was looking for sonoma county vacation rentals online for a upcoming vacation when I came across your blog. It has me even more excited to take this vacation, I'm definitely going to share this with my girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete