Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Friday, October 26, 2012

Hazlenootpasta!

 In high school I went abroad to Holland and I had the most amazing host family. I consider them as much my family as my blood relatives.






My host-sisters have come to visit me and I've been back to visit them twice. Last year they met me in Rome for the marathon.






Besides my host family, the best thing about Holland is the chocolate hazelnut spread and chocolate sprinkles.  Long before there was Nutella in the US, there was chocoladepasta and hagleslag. For breakfast we'd either have hazelnut spread or butter with chocolate sprinkles. Seriously good.

So I was super excited to get a package this week packed full of my favorite Dutch treat. I've had it on bananas, english muffins, and straight from the jar.


Do you have a favorite international food?




No comments:

Post a Comment