Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Foodie Pen Pals Reveal October



Even though I have been doing Foodie Pen Pals for 6 months now, I am no less excited now when my box arrives than I was at the beginning.
blogbadgeAPPLE Foodie Penpals
Foodie Pen Pals is an awesome idea thought up by Lindsay at the Lean Green Bean. Every month you get a penpal pairing via email. You then have some time to exchange e-mails and get to know your pen pal before mailing out their box. The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15, so it is fun without breaking the box.

This month I received a box from Krista from Alaska who blogs over at MissCellaneous. This was one of the most personalized and thoughtful boxes I've received. Krista really spent some time getting to know me and picked items especially for me.

My box included some super yummy locally roasted coffee (because I told her I love coffee), coconut water (because I am a runner), lingonberry syrup (because I said I like to try local specialties),  healthy pumpkin chocolate cookies (because I have a sweet tooth), a sea salt chocolate bar from Madacasgar (because she saw on my blog I am planning to run there next year), a stunning photo she took on a hike that made me want to go to Alaska, and a homemade pink dishcloth (for Breast Cancer Awareness Month and because I love pink)

Thanks Krista!

No comments:

Post a Comment