Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Maine Squash Rolls

I am a little stressed this week. Work is insane and I am feeling the pressure of preparing the entire Thanksgiving dinner by myself for the first time. So, I am trying to find pleasure in the small things. Today it was a cookie cutter.

I made a batch of my Great-Grandmother's Squash Rolls. Instead of just making them circular, I decided to use my new Maine cookie cutter. I was afraid they would just turn into lumps when they baked, but they didn't! They look so good!

Now if you excuse me, Downeast Maine is just begging to be slathered in butter and eaten!

1 comment:

  1. How cool! I would have exepected them to not resemble the state when done either!

    Hope your week gets less stressful and you can enjoy the preppingand cooking!

    ReplyDelete