Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 New Year's Resolutions

Happy 2013! 




I started this year considerably less hungover than in years past. Guess I am a real boring grown-up. I did get dressed up and go out last night, but I only had 2 drinks and was asleep by 1 am.


I was up by 8:30 and headed out for a run followed by a big ole pumpkin banana pancake. Then I took down my Christmas decorations (makes me so sad) and cleaned my house. Now I am off to a special 2 hour New Year's yoga class with live music. A healthy happy start to the year that sets me up well to tackle my resolutions.

Without further adieu, here they are:

1. Take a least 1 day off from working out a month. Sounds a little silly because it's just one day a month, but for me that is huge since I usually take like 1 day a year. I want to break the mental lock I have in my mind about completing becoming a lazy fat slob if I take a single day off.

2. Be more positive about work. I have been pretty down about my job lately, but really it has a lot of perks. I will try to focus on those.

3. Be more mindful of my finances. I am generally pretty fiscally responsible, but I want to have a better idea of exactly how much money I have coming in and going out.

4. And then the annual and all too common lose 10 lbs. I want to get back to a point where I am really happy with my body and feel like I am at my best weight possible for running.



No comments:

Post a Comment