Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January Resolution Check In

Holy Mackinoly, I can't believe it is already the end of the month! I figure this a good time to check in with my new year's resolutions.

1. Take a least 1 day off from working out a month- On Track! (well kinda)





On my training log I have 2 blank days. But that doesn't tell the whole story. Technically I was downhill skiing those days. But since I was just chilling and teaching the BF to ski, I am counting them as off. I did no strength and ate whatever I wanted. Close enough to off.

2. Be more positive about work-
On Track!
I am not all "I love my job," every minute of the day, but I have been focusing on the benefits. I can work in my pj's and when the BF is working crazy shifts he can at least stop by and say hi for a few minutes whenever he happens to be free. Or when I find out it is the dog's birthday at the last minute, I can take 10 minutes to bake a doggie cake. 

I will not lie. I tasted the batter and the cake.
 
3. Be more mindful of my finances- On Track!



I have dutifully tracking everything I spend with mint.com. I haven't been so good at controlling what I spend, but being cognizant of it is the first step right??


4. Lose 10 lbs- Back on Track! 

I started super strong losing 3 lbs in the first 2 weeks. Then, we went away for the weekend and I fell apart and had a terrible week where I ate everything in sight. So I signed up for a diet bet challenge which started last week. I lost 2 lbs last week and am feeling good!

How are your resolutions going? 

No comments:

Post a Comment