Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Thursday, January 10, 2013

What was I thinking??



I am having major second thoughts about signing up to run a marathon in Chile in April. Seriously was I on crack??

Do I really have the time, motivation, money, and vacation time to run a half marathon and 2 marathons in 3 different continents in 5 months??

I worked out a training plan last night based loosely Jeff Galloway's marathon for time goal plan. It is a delicate balance between getting in enough training and totally burning myself out and injuring myself. So I am trying to work in plenty of rest and recovery- only doing long runs every 2-3 weeks. I'm going to be marathon training for 6 months- so there is no way I can do a long run every week.

Here's what I came up with:


I would LOVE some advice. What do you think? Too much? Not enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment