Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

7 Continents News: OMG I'm going to Chile

I am not a procrastinator and I am not patient. When I have a goal I want to accomplish it right away. So this whole run a marathon on all 7 continents things is quite a challenge for me. I figured my body, my finances, and my vacation time would only allow me to knock out one a year.

But the way things are going with the BF, I am thinking that the next 5 years could involve things like weddings and kids which wouldn't allow me a whole lot of time or money for marathon travel. So, since I was bored the other night I hopped on the interweb and started clicking away.

Hmmmmmm there is a marathon in Santiago Chile in April. Hmmmm that is right between my half marathon in February and my marathon in Madagascar in June. Hmmmmmm if I was already trained for the half in February, I could totally be ready for a marathon in April. Hmmmmm the tickets are a bargain and I can buy them entirely with frequent flier miles. Hmmmm the race is the same weekend as the BF's birthday and he has been talking about how he wants to travel more.

I thought about it for a day. And then I signed up

And we bought tickets








And OMG I am going to Chile.  I am going to try and run 2 marathons on 2 continents other than my own in the span of just over 2 months.

Am I crazy?? And who can teach me Spanish?

1 comment:

  1. YESSS!!! This is so awesome! So excited that you booked it! What a blast.

    LOL - Rosetta stone time?

    ReplyDelete