Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Old School

I am trying a new hotel this week in Orange, and it's working out much better. It's not a high rise, I have a little kitchenette, the parking is easy, and there is free continental breakfast. All of this means I get in and out more quickly, and can eat better.

Another thing I thought would be great is that there is a Bally Total Fitness right next door. Except, I went for the first time yesterday, and it is probably the worst gym I've ever been to. Since I exercise so much on my own because of my schedule, I always jump at the chance to try a new class. When i got to Bally's yesterday Total Body Pump was just starting. It was taught by a Hispanic guy, and it was a joke. He had us hopping around like idiots to "warm up" and then lead us through a rapid series of "exercises." His form was terrible, we were racing through the sequence, and the equipment was old and gross. Not only was I not getting a workout, but I was afraid I was going to get hurt. I walked out. I NEVER do that, but it was a waste of time and potentially dangerous. So I went up to the free weight area, which was packed with big, muscle bound guys grunting. One of the trainers looked at me and was like "hey kiddo, what you doing over here." Seriously??? Just because I'm female and short and blond doesn't mean I'm a wimp. Come on Bally's get with the times, your gym is old and gross!!

But after the disappointment at the gym, I had a nice surprise. Some co-workers had an extra ticket to the Angels game. The ballpark was literally right across the street, so I threw on clean clothes and off I went for a night of beer, popcorn (an entire bag of kettle corn thank you), and baseball. I was up WAAY past my bedtime, so I was majorly dragging at spin class this morning, but oh well, sometimes you gotta live a little.



No comments:

Post a Comment