Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Thursday, May 31, 2012

May Foodie Pen Pals

I had the chance to participate in perhaps the most fun thing. I love meeting new people, trying new things, and I food. Bring those all together and you've got foodie pen pals!




Started by Lindsay over at the Lean Green Bean, each month you are matched up with fellow foodie to whom you send a box of goodies from your neck of the woods. You exchange e-mails first to get an idea of what that person might want.

This month I was matched with Griselda of runninglicious. Griselda said she wasn't picky, so I had free rein. I send the herbal popcorn (aka crack) from Little Lad's, some chocolate covered blueberries from LL Bean, and Fluff (a New England classic).

My foodie pen pal sender this month was Todd of Zombie Eating, from St. Lois. When I got home and found my box on my steps, it felt like Christmas. I ran in and opened it right away! As soon as I opened it a big puff of white powder spewed out and covered me.

I'll admit, I was a little nervous. Did my food pen pal send me Anthrax???

I decided it risk it and keep opening the box. Mystery solved. Inside was an ooey gooey coffee cake, topped with powdered sugar. I had a piece right away. Holy moly, ooey gooey is the perfect name. 10 seconds in the microwave and the middle just oozed out.

 I ate about 4 pieces before I finally stopped myself. I had to share the wealth with my neighbors and Mom to keep myself from eating it all!

 Also in my box, some chocolate caramel covered pretzels. Yum! I am saving these for a special treat some night.
And best of all, BBQ sauce. I just got a grill and I have been wanting some good BBQ sauce. I had this on chicken last night, it was just right- sweet and smokey.

I LOVE this program and I am already bummed that I can't participate next month because I'll be traveling the whole month :(

No comments:

Post a Comment