Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th!

It is a typical Maine 4th of July, a little foggy, and a little cloudy, but it doesn't keep us from having fun!

Yesterday I went for my first outing in my new boat! It felt so good to get out on the water and have a cool, cool breeze. My Mom and I managed to get over to town, get gas, mix in the oil in the 50:1 ratio, add fuel stabilzer, and get the boat back on the mooring! My parallel docking could use some work though.

Elyse's outfit was much more patriotic than mine.
Today we had an impromptu party. We'd sent out some invites asking if anyone wanted to have a bbq and everyone answered yes! I started the day with a 20 mile bike ride over in Boothbay. It was hot, and humid, and hilly, and I couldn't wait to be done and drinking a margarita. When I got home, we went into party prep mode. We had the perfect Maine summer meal: lobster, grilled corn, and caprese pasta salad. There were even babies at the party, which I totally co-opted. Why are they so darn cute?? We rounded off the afternoon with a rousing game of badminton. I was seriously dripping sweat.


Oh hi, Jessie. I will steal you while your parents play badmiton.


Now I am enjoying sitting with my feet up for a few minutes before we head into town to go out on a friend's boat to watch the fireworks.


I hope you all had a day filled with friends, family, food and fun!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! That sounds like an awesome day :) I love that everyone wanted to come to the party :)

    I always wonder how my dad can park his boat so well! Just watching freaks me out :)

    ReplyDelete