Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Eggplant Mozzarella Sticks

I love this time of year- there are just so many great fresh veggies and fruits! In addition to my peaches and pears, I also got some great veggies at Nicewicz farm. Since I'm working at home this week, I had the time to make these Eggplant-Mozzarella Stacks I saw in the Globe a couple weeks ago.

First I baked the eggplant alone under the broiler for 8 minutes to soften it. Then I laid one layer of eggplant into a dish with 1/2 cup tomato sauce.

Then I topped each slice with a dollop of tomato sauce, cheese, and a basil leaf. The repeated, topping the last layer with panko crumbs. The final product was golden and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment