Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Monday, November 14, 2011

Fitness on the Road- Crossfit

A lot of people ask me how I manage to stay so consistent with my work-outs when I travel so much. It's not easy, but I have developed a lot of strategies, so this week I'm going to share with you what a typical week on the road looks like work-out wise. Today I went to Crossfit. Crossfit is hugely popular these days, so you can find a gym most places you go. They also usually have early morning and late evening classes, which helps to fit it in around a long work day. Crossfit also gives a lot of bang for your buck. You are working HARD when you are there. And because most cross fit gyms use the same WOD (work-out of the day) you'll make sure the get the full benefit of the program and work your whole body over the course of the week, no matter which gym you go to. I have been going to Anaheim West Cross Fit. They are wonderful. They have been so welcoming and friendly. The coach spends a lot of time with me, making sure I understand the moves and have good form. It's a balls to walls group for sure, but they are always there cheering for you when you are struggling. They have a huge amount of cool equipment, and it makes me feel super hard core to be lifting huge weights, flipping tires, and doing pull-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment