Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was a little up in the air this year. For awhile I stressed out about it and started to get mad that things weren't going to be exactly how I wanted them to be. But then I just took a deep breath and let go. In the end I have so much to be grateful for, that it doesn't matter if the details of the day aren't perfect. I am healthy. I am still having dizzy spells, but for the most part I am healthy and strong. I went to 2 great, intense, fun classes at the gym this morning- spinning and kickboxing. I was just letting it all out. My family is healthy. We are lucky to live in a place where we have access to great healthcare. SO my Dad was diagnosed early, got treatment, and is home with us for the holiday. I have a great job that constantly challenges me and lets me travel the country. I have an awesome house that is MINE! And finally snow!! We got a storm yesterday, and while it was a dud at my house, it left nearly 8 inches at my Dad's in NH. I just took one of the dogs for a long walk. I love walking in the quiet woods hearing the snow fall off the trees around me.
So from me (and Luna the puppy) I wish you all a healthy and happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment