Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Monday, November 7, 2011

Gratefulness

Tina, over at Carrots and Cake, is doing a "Be Thankful Challenge." It's such a good idea, and I have so much to be thankful for, so I am going to do the same. So here is my list so far this month. 1st: I am thankful to have gotten home on time and with no major hassles. As much as I complain about travel, it's pretty amazing that I get all the way across the country so often safely and quickly. 2nd: I am thankful to be home. I love, love, love my house. 3rd: I am thankful for the new opportunities that constantly present themselves. I'm not quite ready to share this one yet because I'm not sure where it's going. 4th: I am thankful to be able to cook, and even more thankful to be cooking for people I love. I am prepping all the food for my housewarming party and having a blast. On the menu: caramelized onion tart, spanikopita dip,, rosemary pecorino cheese and crackers, and then the chocolate fountain with marshmellows, graham crackers, apples, and pretzels for dipping. 5th: I am thankful for my amazing friends and family. I didn't have a huge turn-out for the house warming party, but the people that mattered most all came. I couldn't help but think how different it was from my last house warming 4 years ago. Then we were all in our early/mid twenties and we stayed up till 3 am playing beer pong. This house warming party we ranged in age from 6 weeks to 60, and spent a lot of time jiggling babies, and playing red light green light. The party was wrapped up at 8:30 pm. 6th: I am thankful to have gotten to run with a good friend on a beautiful fall day. My friend Jen from Wheaton stayed over after the party and we went for a great run in the morning and then had brunch. It totally brought me back to my college days when I never ran alone. I miss that. 7th: I am thankful to have high quality, affordable medical care available to me. Since fainting 2 weeks ago, I've continued to have dizzy spells so I finally went to the doctor today. It was quick, efficient, and my new doctor is great. Hopefully she'll figure out what's up with me. What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment