Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011 in Review: Part 1

When people tell me I lead an exciting life, I don't quite get it. Most of the time I feel like my life is pretty darn boring. But then when I start to look back at all the things I did last year, I realize that, wow, it actually was a pretty incredible year. Here's a highlight from each month of the year.

January- Skiing in Colorado
Over MLK weekend last January I met a friend to ski in Colorado instead of flying home for the weekend. It was a whirlwind trip- we hit up Keystone, Vail, Breckenridge, and A-Basin. The deep, deep powder and glade skiing was a totally new experience for me. It took me awhile to get into it, but once I did I was hooked. I can't wait to go back!







February- Running the Antarctica Marathon
I do not think of myself as a hard core runner, so finishing (and even winning my division) one of the hardest Marathons in the world was a major accomplishment. One of the best parts of the race was the support from the other runners. We'd been together for more than a week before the race, so I knew every face I passed and never failed to get encouragement.



March- Seeing the Antarctica Peninsula
With the pressure of the race lifted, we got to spend the whole first week in March cruising the Antarctica peninsula. The incredible beauty of this place, coupled with the remoteness and solitude, makes it difficult to even describe. I am so glad I got to share the once in a lifetime experience with my Mom.




April- Seattle
When my friend Cheri invited me to come meet her in Seattle for the weekend, I jumped at the chance. We had a great weekend wandering the city and eating a lot! Cups and cups and cups of great coffee, crab omelets, and pastries. Luckily, Seattle also had a lot of running paths so I got in plenty of running too! I totally loved this city and can't wait to go back.





No comments:

Post a Comment