Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Baby for a Day

I have a new admiration for mothers who manage to fit fitness into their lives. I volunteered to babysit for my friend Lucy for the day because I am scarily obsessed with babies, know how hard it is for her to be a single mother, work, and go to school.

I thought about getting up early to run before I picked the baby up, but when I woke up at 6 it was still dark, the wind was howling and shaking the house, and the ground was covered with a nasty icy slush from the storm. So I got back in my warm bed instead.

I figured since I had a whole day of baby, I'd head out for a run when he went down for a nap this morning (I was at my Mom's and she offered to watch him). But it turned out Lucy's class was cancelled because of the storm, so she only needed me to watch him for a few hours. I didn't want to give up any of my baby time. Besides when he did fall asleep it was in my arms, and there was no way I was giving up snuggle time.



The morning passed in a wonderful blur of baby fun. We flew like airplanes, chewed on a lot of stuff, and made up a bunch of silly songs. Then it was time to get back in the bear suit and head back to Mom. :-(
I decided to run right by Lucy's house because I just wanted to get it over with and the weather was getting worse. It was still super windy, and sleeting again. Plus, I didn't realize how hilly Wiscasset is. Holy moly there was no flat stretch longer than 200 meters!

And then I was super classy and changed in my car so I would be sitting in a pool of cool sweat for the hour drive home. When I got home, all I wanted was a long shower and nap, but instead I ran around doing laundry, errands, and packing because I fly out super early tomorrow.

Yet, as crazy a day as it was, I'm no less baby crazy. They're just so darn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment