Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Following my own advice

Why is it that your own advice is the hardest to follow? In my job I introduce massive changes into the lives of doctors and tell them to be patient and work through the initial kinks. So I have tried to be patient with the United/Continental merger. The first time the web-site wouldn't work I patiently waited on the phone for an hour to speak to an agent, and then continued to wait for another hour as she tried to change my ticket. The second time I was a little less patient, the third time I was starting to get annoyed, and today I just about lost it. When I went to check in for my flight tomorrow, my reservation just wasn't there. I waited on the phone and when the agent told me that my reservation had been cancelled because I was a no show last Saturday, I really think my almost exploded.

"I WAS NOT A NO SHOW. YOU CANCELLED THE FLIGHT. I WAITED ON THE PHONE FOR HOURS TO TALK TO SOMEONE AND I TALKED TO AN AGENT AT THE AIRPORT. BOTH TOOK MY INFORMATION AND TOLD ME I WAS ALL SET. AND THEN I HAD TO DRIVE 10 HOURS IN THE POURING RAIN. SO DON'T TELL ME THIS IS MY FAULT. GET ME ON A PLANE TO MAINE TOMORROW.


Silence on the other end. I feel a little bad for flipping out on that poor person. But I do have my flights for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment