Mainely Running
Join me as I train in Maine and race all over the world in pursuit of my goal to run a marathon on all 7 continents

Monday, June 25, 2012

Too Damn Hot


I will never complain about "heat" in Maine again. I am in Lubbock Texas this week and I am dying. It was 109 when I landed yesterday and here is the lovely forcast for the week.


I landed about 4:30 and felt like I was going to melt as soon as I stepped onto the tarmac. After checking into my hotel last night I went down to the lobby for the free cocktail hour (I never say no to free food and booze) and found a whole bunch of people with tri bands and numbers on. So naturally I started talking to them and found out they'd just done a half iron distance. Seriously?? I could barely manage the walk from my car to the hotel with my suitcase in the heat. They are my new heroes. Meanwhile I will be hiding inside with the AC.

No comments:

Post a Comment